Salary: Apprenticeship Rate
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
An opportunity has arisen for Pipe Fitter Apprentices to work as part of our existing engineering team. Pipefitters fabricate pipework and supports using detailed engineering drawings, cutting, shaping and bending pipe in preparation for welding. Often working alongside welders they connect piping efficiently and safely, sometimes in difficult conditions. The skills learnt will be traditional as well as current for use on the latest fittings and materials.
As an apprentice, you will learn a range of skills including:
- General health and safety in engineering
- Specific pipefitting safety and safe working conditions
- Technical drawings/Interpret engineering drawings
- Use of basic hand and power tools
- Cutting and preparing pipe and plate tack welding
- Cold bending ferrous and nonferrous pipe
- Fabricating pipework and supports
- Assembling and installing pipework systems
- Preparing and testing pipework systems
The work is varied and involves in the workshop.
To apply you’ll need a minimum GCSE Grade B in English, Maths and Science.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To all recruitment agencies: The Company does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.
To all applicants: In line with legislation, this position is only open to candidates who have indefinite eligibility to work in the UK.
Please note: If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of your application, then you have not been selected for this particular position. Thank you